THE PEACE CAFETERIA

THE PEACE CAFETERIA is the Blog of the DEPARTMENT OF PEACE STUDIES of Bicol University College of Social Sciences and Philosophy. This blog was set up to serve as posting board for events, news and items of information and interests about the activities, advocacy, and research of the Department of Peace Studies.

Saturday, January 02, 2010

The Many Faces of Mayon Volcano

Let me share with you some photos I have of Mayon Volcano.  I took these pictures at different times.


Mayon as seen from the Rice Fields in Padang, Legazpi City




I pulled over in the Highway in Basud Santo Domingo, Albay to get this late evening vies of the Mayon with the southern star in view



Mayon with the silvery afternoon sky in the background.  I took this photo in Basud, Santo Domingo, Albay


Mt. Mayon appears so close.  I took this picture in Bogtong Road, Legazpi City beside the Yawa River.



Mt. Mayon as seen from San Miguel Island in Tabaco City



Another view of Mayon from the  Island of San Miguel.  Notice the hills near the mount.  These hills shields the small town of Malilipot from potential danger from volcanic eruption.

No comments: