THE PEACE CAFETERIA

THE PEACE CAFETERIA is the Blog of the DEPARTMENT OF PEACE STUDIES of Bicol University College of Social Sciences and Philosophy. This blog was set up to serve as posting board for events, news and items of information and interests about the activities, advocacy, and research of the Department of Peace Studies.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Never Ending Fascination



Mt. Mayon Volcano at a Silvery Sunset.
Indeed what else could I say? God has blessed me for having been born and lived in a land filled with beauty. And I would say that I am proud of Mt. Mayon Volcano. Many times I have taken for granted its beauty but there are times when life is not in hurry, that I could renew and appreciate the majesty and beauty of this unique mountain. Every working day as I drove from my home City of Tabaco to the University where I work in Legazpi City, I always pass by this volcano. The highway that connects Tabaco City with Legazpi City is a strech of class A road that spans 30 kilometers, 45 minutes drive in the abscence of traffic congestion and an hour if the chokepoint is filled with commuters. But the drive from Legazpi to Tabaco is always a pleasant experience. Breath-taking views of Mt. Mayon Volcano, of the vast Albay Gulf, the mountains, the offshore Islands, valleys, hills and rice fields. This brings me to the realization that creation though affected and strained by the originl sin of Adam and Eve continues to exude beaty and delight. Giving praise to God it's creator and delighting the hearts of the children of men.

For More on this story follow this Click

No comments: